- Citrix application virtualization technology isolates applications from the underlying operating system and from other applications to increase compatibility and manageability. As a modern application delivery solution, XenApp virtualizes applications via integrated application streaming and isolation technology.
This application virtualization technology enables applications to be streamed from a centralized location into an isolation environment on the target device where they will execute. With XenApp, applications are not installed in the traditional sense.
The application files, configuration, and settings are copied to the target device and the application execution at run time is controlled by the application virtualization layer. When executed, the application run time believes that it is interfacing directly with the operating system when, in fact, it is interfacing with a virtualization environment that proxies all requests to the operating system.
XenApp is unique in that it is a complete system for application delivery, offering both online and offline application access through a combination of application hosting and application streaming directly to user devices.
When users request an application, XenApp determines if their device is compatible and capable of running the application in question. The minimum requirements of a target device are a compatible Windows operating system and appropriate Citrix client software.
If the user device meets minimum requirements, then XenApp initiates application virtualization via application streaming directly into an isolated environment on the users device. In the event that the user device is not capable of running a particular application, XenApp initiates session virtualization.
Citrix is a set of commercial server software from Citrix Systems that enables multiple users to launch applications on a remote server and view and interact with the application as if it were running on the user's own computer. Citrix brings the application's user interface, audio, and print jobs to the user's computer in a way that is completely transparent or "seamless". Citrix is very popular in large business environments
Citrix Training Courses:
- 1Y0-A05 Implementing Citrix XenApp 5.0 for Windows Server 2008
- 1Y0-A08 Advanced Administration for Citrix XenApp 5 for Windows Server 2008
- 1Y0-A19 Citrix XenDesktop 5 Administration
- E1Y0-A20 Citrix XenApp 6.5 Administration
- E1Y0-A24 Citrix XenServer 5.6 Administration
HOW? and WHEN? Is often an obstacle for companies and individuals taking time out, that's why Netcom is known for its flexibility. You can do our training in the following methods..