Digital Design Course
The course will advance your digital skillset to create exciting and creative content. It will take you on a journey exploring the digital design side of the world. You will get to know the industry-leading programs essential for creating graphic designs.
We will take you from a beginner in digital graphic design to an entry-level digital designer capable of working and creating exciting content with the adobe suite program
All learners who complete the Digital Design Course will gain new skills in:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
The learner will gain skills in the programs such as: navigating through the whole platform, editing photos, creating logos, flyers, mock-up designs for websites, creating typographic designs, adding effects to images, managing styles, creating product packaging, and mastering advanced techniques that digital designers use.
Completing the course leads you to an endless path of possibilities you will be able to enter the digital design industry with the knowledge, skills, and understanding needed for roles such as:
- Digital Designer
- Photography Editor
- Graphic Designer
Start date: 28th February 2022
Study mode: Part-time, Monday to Tuesday OR Wednesday to Thursday, 6.00pm -9.00pm
Course length: 12 weeks
Delivery: Online (tutor-led classes)
- Live in Birmingham or surrounding areas
- You must be over 19
- Level 2 English and Maths required or studying towards
Adobe Photoshop Essentials
- Getting Started (Photoshop desktop, getting images into Photoshop, moving around an image, tips for using Photoshop)
- Imaging Concepts (colour modes, image size, resolution, and print size)
- Acquiring images (opening files and importing images into Photoshop)
- Editing Images (cropping, removing imperfections, adjusting contrast, correcting colours, and sharpening images)
- More Image Editing (selection techniques, layers, adding type.)
- Exporting and printing (Saving for the Web, inserting images into presentations, printing)
Adobe Illustrator Essentials
- How to Incorporate a Company Name into a Logo
- Create a Flyer
- Mock-Up a Website Design
- Add Effects
- Manage Styles
- Edit Individual Characters to Create Typographic Designs
Adobe InDesign Essentials
- How to navigate through the InDesign work area
- How to create a new document and import images.
- Introduction to “master pages,” an essential tool in creating multi-page projects,
- Creating tables and packaging
- This course will also be going through more advanced techniques and design methods and types of exports.
Who is eligible for the fully funded course?
Potential students will need to be
– at least 19 years
– living within Birmingham area
– A resident of the UK for a minimum of 3 years
Are the courses certified?
Yes, they are certified by Pearson Edexcel.
How do I apply for the course?
Do you have a back to work programme?
Yes, One to One support can be arranged if it is required.