Fourteen intensive software development course weeks will take learners from beginners with no previous knowledge on an incredible IT journey to junior software developers. It will unlock your full potential and take you on your first step towards a sustainable programming career path. It is delivered using hands-on IT training-based examples and exercises, bringing the actual- world requirements of potential job roles to the spotlight and understanding whole projects, not just small technical areas.
All learners who complete the Software development Skills Bootcamp will acquire new skills in the following areas:
- Systems for Best Practice
- CISCO Internet Of Things
- CISCO Big Data & Analytics
Completing the course leads you to an endless path of possibilities you will be able to enter the software development industry with the knowledge, skills, and understanding needed for roles such as:
- Junior Software Developer
- Junior Web Developer
- Junior Application Developer
- Junior Software Tester
- Junior Game Developer
Certified Entry-Level Python Programmer
- Introduction to Python and computer programming
- Data types, variables, basic input-output operations, basic operators
- Boolean values, conditional execution, loops, lists and list processing, logical and bitwise operations
- Functions, tuples, dictionaries, and data processing
- Create a Basic Web Page
- HTML Attributes
- CSS Basics
- Web Page Layout
- Menus & Navigation
Certified Associate in Python Programing Part 1
- Modules, packages, string and list methods, and exceptions
- Building Web Forms
- Publishing Your Web Pages
Systems for Best Practice
- Introduction to Software Development Life Cycle
- Introduction to Agile working methodologies
- The object-oriented approach: classes, methods, objects, and the standard objective features; exception handling, and working with files
- Access, create, and update data stored in a database
- Queries, keywords and functionality
- Creating and manipulating databases with multiple related tables
Connecting Things – The Importance of the Internet of Things
- Learn how the current digital transformation creates unprecedented economic opportunity
- Understand how the Internet of things is bridging the gap between operational and information technology systems.
Big Data & Analytics
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills using real equipment and Cisco Packet Tracer.
- Soft skills such as teamwork and articulating problems and solutions in a business context.
Who is eligible for the fully funded course?
Potential students will need to be
– at least 19 years
– living within Birmingham area
– A resident of the UK for a minimum of 3 years
Are the courses certified?
Yes, they are certified by Pearson Edexcel.
How do I apply for the course?
Do you have a back to work programme?
Yes, One to One support can be arranged if it is required.